- Design innovations
In 2016 NLMK Engineering introduced BIM technologies into its design practices. Building Information Modeling is a process involving generation and comprehensive processing of architectural, engineering, technological, economic and other information about places.
BIM technology is a modern approach to managing the life cycle of a facility. It enables real-time monitoring of an investment project, including effects resulting from a particular design solution, eliminates inconsistencies in the design process and guarantees:
- High quality design services with minimal lead times;
- Precise cost assessment of building and installation works.
Since 2018 NLMK-Engineering has developed all major Group investment projects using BIM technologies. The technology combines drawings, 3D-models, error search system, as well as 4D and 5D-models with schedule diagram and cost estimates. This helps not only to prevent inaccuracies in project documentation, but also to calculate the cost of labor and material expenses, to reduce expenditures and construction time.
BIM technologies for major Group projects:
Reconstruction of NLMK Blast furnace No. 6 using BIM technology
BIM-technologies for the Duct covers repair building at NLMK
Impact of BIM technologies
- A 30% improvement in designers’ performance
- A 50% reduction in the amount of errors and changes in the design
- A 20% reduction of the average “Engineering - Procurement - Construction” cycle
- High accuracy of shell and core costs